Did you know Richard Branson holds 7 world records?
It’s true. They’re for:
- Fastest Atlantic Ocean crossing
- 1st person to cross the Atlantic Ocean in a hot air balloon
- 1st person to cross the Pacific Ocean in a hot air balloon
- Fastest crossing of the English Channel in an amphibious vehicle
- Most followers on LinkedIn
- Richest presenter of reality television
- Oldest person to kite board across the English Channel
But why do you think he attempts them?
For me it’s 4 things:
- He’s an adventurer & loves the excitement
- He’s aim was to make Virgin a recognised global brand
- Richard & the Virgin brand stands for fun, excitement & disruption
- He wants to prove people can challenge the status quo and break new ground.
There’s no doubt trying to break records has been great for Virgin & their 200+ companies.
Now I’m no adventurer like Richard Branson. So, it won’t be hot air balloons or kite boarding. But it might be something like:
- A record number of body parts photocopied in a minute
- Or a record number of Infinity printers squeezed into a smart car
- Or even a record for the most cost-effective printing service. From just 1p for a colour page.
We do think that breaking records can be used to make your business stand out.
What record would you try & break given the opportunity?